Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sod Laying

My dad had asked me if we could go and help my sister and brother-in-law lay sod. So I told him if it was done on a day Randy had off. Luckily it was on a day he had off, so we went up to help. The house across the street had burned down a few months ago and they had to have it torn down by the end of the month. They were nice enough to let them have the grass. So they rented a sod cutter and everyone went to work. Randy worked the sod cutter and Steve, my Dad and a neighbor rolled the sod and put on a trailer. The kids tried to help. My Mom and Amanda cleaned the back lawn so they could get it and I was in charge of all the kids. Tyler, Teto and Lala had fun finding bugs and Clay tried to help roll the sod up, but he wasn't strong enough to carry it to the trailer, we filled up two trailer loads and almost had enough to cover their backyard, enough that the kids can go out side with out being filthy dirt.

No comments: