Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tyler’s Baptism






Tyler got to be baptized on July 3, 2010. That morning was not a good morning for me. Nothing was going right and I couldn't find things and was not in a good mood. But by the time we made it to the church I had to change my attitude. This day wasn't about me it was about Tyler and that is all that mattered. It was great.



Our Stake does stake baptism so there were 5 boys getting baptized. Tyler was the only one form our ward. Since the lady over baptisms is in our ward she asked if we would do the musical number. So of course we said yes. I asked Tyler what he wanted. either I could sing, or I could sing with my dad, or I could sing with my mom and sisters or we could have both sides of the family sing, he wanted the whole family to sing. I also let him choose the song and he wanted " When Jesus Christ Was Baptized". Which many were familiar with. But it turned out great.








Then it was his turned to be baptized. I love that all the nieces and nephews got to sit and watch Tyler choose to be baptized. Randy spoke loud and clear and then dunked him in. He got the all clear and we were rushed to another room for the conformation.



After the baptism we had a picnic at Salem Pond. It was a perfect day. It was not hot and the park wasn't crowded, and we had just enough food that no own had left overs to take home. While at the park those who wanted we able to go out on the lake in the platoon and and other group of picnicker's had a slip in slide that let us use. The kids had tons of fun and the adults had fun talking and resting. Then to cap the night off we took the boys to the Stadium of Fire but that will be my next post.





No comments: