Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 1 of the Springvill Folkfest

So this year for the folkfest I was asked by my friend who is in charge of finding housing for all the participants to be a country chair, which means that I had a place for everyone in the group to stay with a family. At first I had a rough time but in the end I had enough. This year my mom and my sisters are hosting. They hosted last year but different country's we all decide we would host the same country so we can have this experience together. I am also in charge of the whole group if there is a problem I fix it etc. I choose the country Spain because that is were my ancestors are from and that it would be good to learn a little more from there.

Monday afternoon we went to the Springville Art Museum to pick them all up. We came home and the very first thing we did was have lunch together. They thought that it was nice that the first thing we did together was break bread. They took a little nap, and then it was time to get ready and leave for the Mayor's Reception. Spain had be invited to play before and after the reception. I got tickets to go so my mom came with me since Randy didn't want to go. The Mayors reception was a little boring but oh how the Spaniard's can play and sing. The reception wasn't to bad.
Miss Springville
Every country does a gift exchange with the mayor this is Czech Republic.
France
Inner Mongolia China
Spain
Nepal
South Korea

Morning Star


After the Mayor's Reception they all wanted to have dinner together so we took them to Magleby's.



Then is was home for bed because we had to be up really early the next morning.

No comments: