Friday, May 1, 2009

Surprise

Last Sunday I sang a duet with my Dad in his ward. We have sang this song a few times. I got up there not feeling nervous because we have sang it before. She started playing the piano and I come in, I look out in the audience and looked at my mom and my boys and then at everyone else.
A few rows behind my mom I see my sister Amanda and someone who looks like my sister Malinda. I thought that can't be her she is Texas, looked at her again and it is her. I couldn't believe it she was her and she didn't even tell me. After I saw her I started crying. At this point in the song I'm only on the 2 line of the song, and I bawling. I finish with my part and it is my dads turn to sing. So I pulled my self together and was able to finish the song strong.
After we were done I gave my Dad a hug and said Malinda's here, he said" I know I saw her". So I go sit back down and she comes and sit next to us. My mom didn't even know she was coming. All three of us were crying. We were so excited to see her. It has been 9 months since we last saw her and K and I hadn't even had the chance to see baby A yet. After Sacrament was over we went out and talked.
My mom said to me she couldn't figure out why I was crying, she has seen us perform this song many times, without my every getting emotional. She had thought that the spirit must have been really strong and had touched me, but that wasn't it. I was just so happy to see my little sister and her babies.
We had such a good visit. She came and spent Monday night with us and it was so nice to catch up. I just wish she didn't have to leave in 2 weeks.




1 comment:

Archuletas said...

Oh the fun we are having with this fun surprise.